Wednesday, January 27, 2010

State of the Union/iPad Randomosity

  • rachelle high school reunion The market actually held up better today. It is extremely oversold as we close on the end of the month and the beginning of the next, when 401k adds are typically dollar-cost averaged into the market.  I remain 100% long, but watching the QQQQ just below the 50dma.  Go North!
  • My first reaction to the iPad is…  BIG IPHONE!  Reading around blog comments, I think folks are a bit skeptical.  First, no webcam.  Second, one-app at a time operating system (no multi-tasking).  Third, high price if you add 3G and (yet another) monthly data plan.  Finally, it doesn’t make phone calls.
  • I think the iPad will be a hit.  Like the iPhone, I’ll probably wait a generation or two before jumping in.  I have an iPhone, so I don’t feel an urge to splurge on another portable device at this time.  I’m looking forward to what the next generation of iPhone will contain, as I’m eligible for an upgrade soon!
  • So, will $AAPL stock go up or crater on this thing?  Hmm…
  • The picture is of Rachelle from High School ReunionRachelle feels like she missed out on a lot in high school. She blames her controlling boyfriend, who she says didn't give her much of a chance to freely interact with her classmates. After high school, she married Liko, a former boxer who was undoubtedly the toughest guy in the graduating class of '89. After 16 years Rachelle decided she had enough. She's coming to her 20-year reunion newly divorced, looking to experience some of the things she missed and possibly take a chance at whatever romance comes her way.
  • I listened to part of the State of the Union before my DVR demanded that I change the channel to one of the two shows I planned on recording. So I watched Psych instead.  But I did hear about an hour of Obama.
  • The funniest part of the State of the Union was when President Obama said he was going to freeze spending…  next year.  Was that one or two hand claps and guffaws by all?  The other funny thing was when Obama mentioned the climate change “science,” and Pelosi, Biden and Obama himself all seemed to snicker.  Yeah, it’s a money-grabbin’ scam.  Snicker.
  • There, I said it.

blog comments powered by Disqus