Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stock Market Swoons

  • michelle-rodriguez The stock market swooned, but came back quite a ways before the close.  It’s difficult to look at the positives on a big down day, but coming back from the brink isn’t too shabby.  Yes, there are reasons to be concerned with common topping action, wide point swings, and negative divergences.  We are also seeing more stocks closing below moving averages.  But I’m not giving up yet.  If this is the big one, then I think we’ll see more attempts at a rally on light volume.
  • Maybe the selling was because of Scott Brown winning.  Anyone?  Or, selling the news of Scott Brown winning.  Anyone?
  • So, do I need an excuse for a Michelle Rodriguez picture?  In Avatar, just like in Lost, they killed her off.  Poor Anna Lucia.
  • I posted this on my Amplog and Twitter, but forgive me for repeating the story on Michelle Obama’s war on childhood obesity.  I think it’s great.  Well done, first lady!  The initiative will involve the federal government working with local officials and leaders in the business and non-profit sectors, she said, to provide more nutritious food in schools, allow more opportunities for kids to be physically active and give more communities access to affordable, healthful food.
  • Speaking of, I need to lay off the cookies.  Man, double trouble having a cold (thus not exercising) and eating junk food. C’mon, Muck!
  • Did you read about Keith Olbermann’s attack on Scott Brown?  Is there a lost and found somewhere that has a bucket of Olbermann’s marbles?  There has to be a line somewhere between being funny and snarky versus just plain mean and obnoxious.
  • Sarah Palin on Bill O’Reilly’s show is kind of weird.  I dunno.  She’s doing movie reviews as I type.  I guess that’s a good place for her to be.
  • Amazon’s Kindle hiking royalties to 70%.  Is this the smartest move ahead of whatever kind of tablet PC Apple is launching?
  • Rex Ryan says the Jets aren’t afraid to compete with the Colts.  I hope he realizes that Curtis Painter will not be playing at QB this weekend for the Colts.

blog comments powered by Disqus