Tuesday, March 08, 2005

American Idol Mens Bracket

* I'm going to make an American Idol prediction. Anwar all the way.

* Stock market? This week is pre-options week, and they tend to be down. Oil up again, but if you look at the chart maybe it's at a double top and rolling over. I'll have to check later. I really think that if oil prices remain high or drift higher, the market is in trouble. Oh, the economy, too.

* Interviews on local TV last night about higher prices at the pump, and folks being asked what they're cutting back on. Less movies. I bet less starbucks, too. For most folks, cutting back on their driving isn't an option. But I was glad to see somebody trading in their SUV for a Civic. Now there's an idea!

* Just a reminder: AC/DC is in the studio. Hurry up, fellas.

* On the American Idol Mens Bracket bubble this week? Scott, Travis, Anthony, and Constantine. I didn't think the Sting imitation was that great, either. I'm pullin' for the rockers to make the final 12. I want to hear Bo and Constantine on disco night. I just do. Can you imagine Bo belting out a Donna Summer classic like Last Dance? Maybe Constantine singing Bad Girls? Beep Beep.

* Bill Clinton back in the hospital for more heart surgery of some sort. Note to young adults: Eat healthy and exercise.

* The movie Bewitched hits theaters in June. Starring Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell. Now, will Ferrell try to emulate the straight Darrin or the gay Darrin? Or is that Darwood, Ezmarelda?

* Remember Camille last year singing Elton John's Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road? Hhahahahahhah.

* I like reality shows, but I don't plan on watching The Contender.

* Are you following the story about King Tut and whether he was murdered or not? Sounds like it'd make a great Cold Case episode. Can we use the Steve Martin King Tut song as the soundtrack?

* Now when I was a young boy, I never thought I'd see, people stand in line to see the boy King. - Steve Martin, King Tut. (On the Best of Steve Martin Saturday Night Live DVD, fyi.)

* Yup, the relationship between oil prices and tech stocks? There you go. You'd think the semiconductors would be getting bashed a bit more on the TXN news, but maybe it's a good bullish sign that they're not.

* Stan Weinstein book, How to Profit in Bull and Bear Markets? I'm liking it. Reading all the chapters twice. During American Idol.

* You know, whenever I see the ticker for Annaly Mortgage, NLY, I think of Nelly the singer. Then the song pops in my head. It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes. (Just replaced King Tut, thank god).

blog comments powered by Disqus