Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Pillow Talk

* You know that saying "I feel asleep before
my head hit the pillow?" Wouldn't you wake up
the actual moment your head did hit the
pillow? You'd have to be a pretty sound
sleeper. I'd think that'd suck.

* Well, the Federal Reserve mentioned the word
inflation today. And that was pretty much all
she wrote for the stock market. I don't try
to catch the 5% moves one way or another,
because it's not really necessary. Sometimes
those 5% moves turn into 10% moves, and it
creates some self-doubt. I'm staying the
course. I think we're due for a bounce, and
how that bounce behaves is when I'll react.
That works both ways, too. Most of my market
timing skills rely on retests rather than
trying to figure out where an intial top or
bottom might be.

* By retest, I mean looking at the bounce or
pullback and watching how that behaves, rather
than the initial move. The problem trying to
pinpoint where the initial move might go, is
that it can keep going in the same direction
for a long time. Of course, the samething can
happen on a bounce or pullback, but I'm just
trying to better the odds. Perfection is
impossible. Well, Jessica Alba is close.

* Project uncancelled, now I have 3 projects.
Who's the mastermind in charge of that?

* Sports? Did you see that #1 seed Washington
is an underdog to #4 seed Louisville? Uh, who
creates the brackets? Explain that one to me,
Lucy.

* 7th Heaven is TV's version of apple pie.
Last night, Ruthie's first date. Oh shut up.
I don't normally watch, but it was one of
those nights that I had reached the end of the
internet, and just felt like killing time
before 24 came on.

* Rain all week they say. This is the norm
here. We get a week or two of seventy or
eighty-degree weather. Enough to make the
fruit plants and flowers bud. Then, rain and
hail storms to wipe 'em all out.

* I think it'd be a pretty cruel joke, if
somebody pulled the pillow out from beneath
your head, in the event that you did fall
asleep before your head hit the pillow. Then
it'd be "I fell asleep before my head hit the
mattress." Unless you were sleeping on the
sofa. Then your head would either hit the arm
of the sofa or maybe the cushion.

* Do you watch Cold Case? Sunday night, they
revisited an 80's unsolved murder. It was
pretty good. I liked the soundtrack during
the flashbacks. Started off with a Duran
Duran song, Save it 'til the Morning After or
some such thing. I've been humming it for two
days now.

* There will be an X-Men 3. I thought they did a good job with the first sequel. Yeah, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, and the whole ball of twine will be there. Except for the ones who died. I don't think Kelly Hu or Famke will be back. Maybe somebody should see if Jessica Alba has some room on her calendar to play a mutant.

* Heck, it's Easter Week. No wonder traffic was light today. Shees.

* And what if you fell asleep in an EZ Chair?
Would it be "I fell asleep before my butt hit
the EZ Chair?"

* US Study Finds High Blood Levels of Flame Retardant. That's almost like having a superpower. (Trying to think positive...)

blog comments powered by Disqus