Thursday, March 30, 2006

Quick Hits (Market, Lost, American Idol)

  • On yesterday's realmoney radio show, Jim Cramer said that he "puts his mouth where his money is," and then quickly realized what he said and added "and vice-versa."  Kind of funny, though.  Doesn't that mean or at least imply something totally different?  Just giving you something to think about.
  • You know what sector is starting to look interesting from the Black Box point of view?  The utes!  (Utilities!)  My Black Box has given a shout out to IDU, the utility ETF the past couple days.  I'm not doing anything about it here.  I do like to look for a potential buy of utilities ahead of summer.  Maybe this is it, but I'm going to pass this round.  But I'll keep an eye on 'em.
  • I was surprised that McPheever was one of the bottom two.  Clearly Ace and Lisa deserved to be there, and Cosby Kid Lisa had to go.  Don't worry.  Ace will be let go soon (I think).  Next week is country music week, although Bucky and Pickler sang that genre this week.  It'll be interesting to see if Vin Deisel (Chris) tries to add a twang to Creed...
  • On Lost last night, some interesting goings on in the hatch.  I think those metal gates shut down due to the airdrop of supplies.  But here's my question:  If all John (and prisoner) had to do was go through the ventilation shaft to escape the hatch's living quarters and go push the button, why did they bother trying to life up the metal gate?  Even if he wanted to pry open the gate, why use the flimsy tool box when minutes later, the prisoner was sticking metal weight plates under it to keep it from crushing John's legs?  Shouldn't John have put those plates under the door before he tried to squeeze under?
  • The market is pulling back a bit today.  Surged early, then profit taking kicked in.  I'd like to see us power up and higher into a new trading range.  In the back of my mind is the thought that we will see an election year swoon in the markets this year, but from what levels... ah.... If I only had a crystal ball!

blog comments powered by Disqus