Thursday, March 09, 2006

Quick Hits

  • I was listening to Rob Black's podcast from yesterday, and he made an interesting comment on Tivo.  He was saying that they're charging for some monthly service somewhere under $20 a month.  It all depends on your term.  Anyways, Tivo is introducing some features that let you program your DVR from the web or cellphone.  But will folks sign on for that service or just pay the cable company $5-6 a month for their box?  I agree with Rob.  I think it's the latter.  (Or like me, just get a PC with Windows XP media center and spend the $6 a month on mochas.  Soy decaf mochas, of course.)
  • Well, I'm only up a smidge from the semiconductor buys of yesterday.  I had the fleeting thought early about booking some profits, even at a few percent.  But it was fleeting, as were my gains.  I added some more beta today with small cap growth kind of stuff.  Fridays tend to move opposite the weekly trend as traders book profits ahead of the weekend, and I'm still thinking we're moving higher despite the recent pullback.  Maybe my playbook is all jacked up.  We.  Shall.  See. 

  • I'm still waiting for that new AC/DC album.   Angus?  Malcom?  Brian?  Anyone?  As I sit here late on a thursday, I've got Thunderstruck rippin' my eardrums.  Nobody does hooks like those fellas.
  • I am a fan of the Donnas, though.
  • A blog I'll be adding to the list-o-links soon, is The Shark Report.  Looks like DAVID will be posting a counterpoint to the "buy strength" mantra.  Always worth a read over there.
  • Thursday used to be must watch TV, and although we have yet another episode of American Idol on the tele, it's a little rough around the dial tonight.  Smallville, Beauty and the Geek, college hoops... I have some DVR stuff to ketchup on.
  • Hey, I just noticed that DAVID linked to me.  Man, back at ya.  I'm doing it now!
  • As you may know, I've been stressing a bit here at The Fun Factory recently.   It's even causing a bit of insomnia, as I toss and turn and go over and over design decisions in the wee hours of the night.  But as I was working with a coder today, I  realized that we're making progress.  Not only that, but we're looking sweet for the end of March deadlines.  There are still challenges and sleepless nights ahead, but I'm quite happy with the crew right now.
  • Now the Scorpians are rippin' in my ears.  Have I mentioned that I went and saw them a bunch of times in concert in the 80's?  I had so much fun, that I don't remember any of them.  Sheesh.  Those were the days.

blog comments powered by Disqus