Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Las Vegas: Wrapped

  • Took a quick snap of The Shark Tank at the Golden Nugget with the camera phone. The tube going through the middle is the last part of a waterslide.
  • I have to default to the standard line that "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." 
  • Plane flight was delayed for a couple of hours and I came home really late monday night.  Crashed into the sack and when the alarm went off this morning, I slept right through it.  Came in a little late, and trying to find my bearings.  Fortunately, the work at the Fun Factory has been like a splash of cold water on my face and has me focused resolving issues.   I came in and had 176 emails waiting.  I was only gone for a weekend plus one workday, folks.  Amazing.
  • It's  amazing how when one travels, how easy it is to get unplugged from the news.  Flying back last night I noticed a lot of haze over the mountains, not realizing that there was a horrible fire up around Lake Tahoe.  Been receiving some emails from friends up there who have been evacuated and are telling me about homes and lives destroyed.  Thoughts and prayers are with all of you up there.
  • The market... The action yesterday and today continues to look weak.  I continue to feel that the market is vulnerable for a correction a little larger than what we've seen in recent months.  Something to raise the level of fear a smidge.  I remain positioned as last week, with lots of cash, low beta stock holdings and a dwindling number of mo-mo stocks.  
  • Looks like the "Summer Panic of 2007" catalyst may be hedge funds and/or subprimes. 
  • Ah, Vegas... sigh.

blog comments powered by Disqus