Monday, June 11, 2007

Lazy Monday

  • I don't know about there, but here at the Fun Factory it seems like a summer monday and lots of folks seem to have made it a long weekend.  So I hope you don't mind if I just lay back here in my chair and inspect the back of my eyelids for a bit...
  • The market is tailing off here into the close and looks like we'll close flat.  I think the late-in-the-day action is more important that what happens earlier in the day.  Normally, with the pre-options week lower, I'd expect options week to have a nice rally.  But I'm not trying to play it and remain conservatively positioned with low-beta holdings, cash, and a few mo-mo names.  I added some of the latter late last week, and keeping a close eye on them.
  • Over the weekend, I watched the movie Rocky Balboa.  You know, I had low expectations so the movie turned out to be a nice surprise.
  • I also went to see Shrek the Third, and I think it was easily the weakest of the three movies.  It was painfully obvious when I ran across the first Shrek movie on TNT the next day.  I think the franchise is getting old.  All that said, it wasn't a bad movie.  Just not as fun as the first two.

blog comments powered by Disqus