Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Afterhours Earnings

* Earnings numbers coming in hot and heavy... MOT and IBM great, for example. I'm waiting for YHOO, which I bought just for this... It's out. It's good!

* The Housing Bubble? I was listening to a local real estate talk show, and they were saying that one-third of all new mortgages are variable rate. Many of them have terms like 3 or 5 years fixed, then switching to a fixed rate. People are using them because often times they can't qualify for fixed rate loans for today's high housing prices. So, what will change in 3 to 5 years when their loan converts? Will rates be higher? How about property values? Kind of risky, IMHO. I don't know if this means we're in a bubble, but it could get interesting.

* EBAY earnings tomorrow. I don't own that one, although I have a hunch that by this time tomorrow, either I will own it or wish I did.

* I finished my project here at the Fun Factory a couple weeks ahead of schedule. So what happens? Meeting tomorrow where the customers want to change the scope of their requirements. Ain't that the way it goes? I was hoping to lay low for a couple weeks, because I've been bustin' my chops. Trade stocks. Flirt with the homegirls. Long lunches. That kind of thing. NOPE.

* Barbara Boxer really annoys me. I actually like Diane Feinstein, even though I disagree with a lot of her positions. At least I respect her. But Boxer? Egads. Today, she's drilling Condi Rice. Finaly, Condi stood up to her and threw it back in Boxer's face. Catch the Hearing replay if you can.

* And what happened to John Kerry's face? My theory, is that he was using campaign funds for botox injections. Isn't looking your best a campaign expense? Anyways... The well is dry, and he's back to normal. Just a thought. He should be happy, his Patriots beat the Colts sunday.

* I read some stat in the local paper, that in CA one-third of kids don't graduate from high school. Of the kids that do, one-third go to college. Overall, 10% of kids get a college degree. The article in the paper pointed out that college isn't for everyone. In liberal California, most folks think college is a right and that everyone should go. But in reality, many people just don't want to. Or, they can't. Either way, there's no shame in that. The world needs many vocational experts, like plumbers, landscapers, electricians and the like. There is good money in those fields. So, the article called for increased funding for vocational education. Sounded like a good idea to me. For those who want to do something else.

* Dreams are funny. I wish I had a digital recorder tapped into my brain so I could burn 'em to DVD and watch them later when I'm awake. When I first wake up, the dream is in my mind. But a few hours later... POOF! I remember very little. Except on a deja vous kind of thing.

blog comments powered by Disqus