Tuesday, January 25, 2005

More Broker

* Market... Dead cat bounce or is the bottom in?

* Bush asking for another $80B for Iraq. A little too late for John Kerry to say "I told you so."

* Interesting graph of the Social Security crisis. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

* The Tyra Banks Show coming to Fox! You have to give her kudos for her marketing savvy.

* Do all dogs hate vacuum cleaners?

* I wonder what will happen to the economy if we see government spending cut, taxes hiked, and interest rates rising all around the same period of time? Actually, I think I know.

* I heard Gary Kaltbaum say over the weekend that he thinks EBAY is going to $50 a share. For whatever that's worth. That'd shock some folks. I don't know if he'll be right or not. There is a stock split coming, but does that even work anymore to create buyer enthusiasm?

* Fox's 24 had a pretty intense battle scene at the top of the show. They did a good job with it.

* Scottrade is running a TV (and web) ad saying "More broker for your money." More broker? Is that bad English, as in "less wealthier?" Did anybody else spot that? I dunno. I'd think you want to avoid usisg the words "broker" and "money" in the same sentence. And "more broker" just struck me as funny.

* Some knucklehead schedule meetings in the afternoon, so I better have a light lunch.

blog comments powered by Disqus