Friday, January 28, 2005

That's a Wrap!

I don't know about you, but I've been decelerating into the end of the week. I'm feeling mentaly weary and ready for a couple days off. The stock market continues to fuddle around. Our troops continue to die. While work continues to pile up here at the Fun Factory.

The stock market is either engaged in some profit taking from the 2004 year-end sprint, and maybe a little weary looking ahead to the Iraqi election; or, maybe it sees near $50-oil and declining revenue growth at some companies. In addition, maybe it sees a flattening yield curve, and is anticipating something dreary in the months ahead. I don't want to use the term bear market just yet, but we have had quite a move since October 2002.

Iraq holds elections this weekend in the ultimate reality show from the Middle East. Like most folks, I suppose I'll have Fox news on in the background no matter what I'm doing this weekend. My hopes and prayers are with the people of Iraq, and I hope for a peaceful weekend and the eventual withdrawl of US troops. The sooner the better!

After a week's worth of effort, the troops here at the Fun Factory have a lot to feel proud about. I'm pretty excited at what our team here has been able to do, yet there is plenty more in the weeks ahead. More folks being added to our team as we race towards summer 2005 deadlines. I feel glad that I left the Salt Mine 6 months ago to come here. It's finaly starting to look like the right decision.

(Which is more than I can say about being long the stock market and having the US engaged in Iraq...)

Peace.

blog comments powered by Disqus