Thursday, January 20, 2005

Order To Go

* Well, the stock market bears are having some fun with the blow-up in EBAY. Looking at the SP500, we're not that far from the rally top. So the correction could have a ways to go. But it is amazing that in the span of a couple weeks, how bearish sentiment can become. Lots of good earnings numbers tonight. KLAC came out with some good numbers, but nobody seems to like the semiconductor stocks anymore!

* I forgot all about reality shows The Amazing Race and High School Reunion. I was watching American Idol tuesday, and missed 'em. Now I'll never know how the prom went!

* I ran into an ex-girlfriend at Quizno's today. "Hi Muck! What are you doing here?" she asks. Well, I came in to get a sandwich. "Yeah, me too," she says. That was it. End of conversation. I decided to get my order to go, though. Because after the opening superficial lines, it just gets weird. What to say? What to answer? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO US? To go, please. See ya later.

* Maybe some stock jitters from Inauguration Day and from the Iraqi elections (upcoming). Although, some of the latter may be boosting oil prices.

* I don't think my coworker has figured out how to schedule appointments in Outlook. I just got a meeting request for 12:00am. Uh, unable to attend that one. They'll have to do that one without me, and forward me the minutes.

* Did you catch the Inauguration speech? I guess it was okay, but I'm waiting for some debate on what tax reform and social security reform will look like. Lets get on with it, man!

* Netflix says there's a long wait for Friday Night Lights.

* So, fridays tend to move the opposite way of the weekly trend. You'd think that means shorts would lock in some gains and enjoy their weekend. We shall see....

blog comments powered by Disqus