Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Fun Factory

* Doesn't it seem like Greenspan is trying to pop the housing bubble?

* My boss just dogpiled on the work. I was trying to hide out this week. He found me. CRACK! (Insert whipping sound).

* I need a new cellphone, and now a new MP3 player. So I'm thinking about getting a Treo 650 with net access, so I can just stream audio from Shoutcast and have a few 1gig SD cards for music I want to listen to over-and-over again. I'm not a big fan of the Palm OS, but I don't like any of the Windows phone-PDA devices.

* Stocks? Kind of topsy-turvy today. I didn't get a chance to watch. I remain long. Even if Greenspan was sounding a bit hawkish today.

* I'm flirting on the company pier here with a Viet cutie. She's not giving me the time of day, though. Hey, maybe that's because I'm not asking her for the time of day? "Excuse me? What's the time of day?" (Argh.)

* Everybody seems ga-ga over housing. I mean, it's Cisco 2000 all over again. Yah yah... Gotta live somewhere.

* The Treo 650 has a little camera on it, too.

* Tyra Mail! I think a new season of America's Next Top Model gets underway soon.

* Did you see Asia on American Idol last night? Geez, a lil' over the top. She sounds like a Wizard of Oz munshkin. And how about that guy who didn't make it, and was in tears "WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?!" Uh, somebody who could sing might be good for starts.

* The big Google battle cry is that she'll be added to the SP500. Maybe. It's a great search site. I used it a few times today again already. Shoot. Forgot to look and see what ads are on there again. Who knows? Somebody is paying for advertising I guess.

* Speaking of net stocks, for all the whining about EBAY collapsing, it's rallied a bit off it's initial decline. Dead cat bounce? Or, was it a value stock in the $70's? I don't know.

* Speaking of net stocks, I think I'll go order a few things from Amazon...

blog comments powered by Disqus