Sunday, February 27, 2005

Living on Borrowed Notebook Time

* Well, using a notebook with built-in wi-fi today. Something borrowed, something blue, while I'm waiting to get something new.

* Everything is Academy Awards this weekend. Who will win the best this or best that, and then the inevitable Razzies mention. Poor Halle Berry! I don't really care who wins the Awards tonight, or if the network will need the 7-second delay to deal with Chris Rock.

* Have you ever watched TV on sunday mornings? It's informercial city. One I saw today was about stock trading. Anyways, they highlighted some stock that went from 33-cents to 88-cents or something like that as I recall. I only had it on for a little bit, but they were like "wow, that's outstanding!" My take is that if I got caught up in their program, I'd lose all my money. So I'd never recommend that sort of thing.

* Thanks for the kind words from My Money Blog!

* Of course, I'll probably watch the Academy Awards. Blame it on "Herd mentality."

* We are in monthly strength period, when 401k contributions hit. So I like the market this week. And isn't it nice to see semiconductors rallying? I wonder if we're seeing a blow-off top in oil stocks, though. Some really crazy action there. Up, up, and away!

* Gary Kaltbaum did mention that he thinks he was wrong about the short the market call. Good thing he kept his position small.

* I picked up Stan Weinstein's book Profit in Bull and Bear Markets for a little weekend reading while I am basically computerless. Interesting read. I'll give a book review later!

* Was it just me, or was The Apprentice boring this week?

* Trekkies are protesting the cancellation of Enterprise. I mean, they're more serious about that than the Ohio vote recount protestors or the Europeans protesting Bush. Who cares about global warming? Who cares about Social Security Reform? Who cares about the War on Terror? BUT DON'T YOU DARE TAKE AWAY STAR TREK! Them are fightin' words...

* Batteries are low, so that's my que to find something productive to do... Cheers!

blog comments powered by Disqus