Thursday, February 24, 2005

Fun Factory

* Well, we're busier than Santa's elves in December at the Fun Factory.

* The stock market looks okay still to me. I'm still long. We're entering the strongest part of the month, as paychecks hit and automatic funding of 401(k) plans happen. So, weakness this week was buyable. Especially if you saw that put-call ratio today. I'm already long, so not much for me to do.

* I heard on the Gary Kaltbaum archives that he went 10% short the market early this week, with a 4% stop loss. I think he'll be wrong and get stopped out, but he's pretty good. Maybe he'll be right. That other guy on his show, from VRTrader.com? He seems pretty good. I dunno. I'm at the point I just listen to myself and have my own charts and such. But these people are very entertaining.

* Speaking of gurus, Jim Cramer was on his radio show talking positively in the recent week, though clearly identifying the risk, of Google $210 March calls. In fairness, he did say it would be risky. I don't have a problem swinging for the fences once and awhile with options; but, it is risky risky risky.

* Econ 101 book sought for Rick Santorum

* Larry Kudlow blogs about The Great American Economy.

* Did you see the Steven Seagal move Into the Sun? It was a real stinker, but what's wrong with his voice? It's like he was whispering or something. Maybe it was my DVD player. It just sounded wierd.

* Lots of NBA trades. The biggest was the 6-player deal between the Sacramento Kings and the Philadelphia 76ers. Basically a Chris Webber for Kenny Thomas deal. I think the Kings' Geoff Petrie is one of the best. He has this way of sending players past their prime off, and getting something back for them. Incredible.

* Yeah, Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders? I think Moss is a fantastic player, but he seems like a clown to me. (In that it seems like he takes his talent for granted). He's a great player, though.

blog comments powered by Disqus