Thursday, February 17, 2005

Tick Tock Thursday

* Whenever I'm just waiting for the day or week to end, I'll title the blog entery "Tick Tock" something-or-other. It's like counting down to a greater purpose, like the weekend. (Just feeling a little worn out this week).

* Not a great day in the market. I can't find any reason why and I'll have to update charts later to check volume and such. I remain long, though. Energy prices are keeping a damper on things. You know, it seemed that yesterday, Greenspan was a little befuddled on why his rate hikes haven't impacted longer term rates. The money supply and GDP have been growing, so where's the inflation that'd lead to higher longer term rates? I think consumers are paying huge mortgage payments and property taxes. In addition, higher energy prices have US dollars going overseas. So, the money isn't flooding retail and causing inflation. Eh, just a thought. Tick tock.

* Hasta la vista, NHL baby.

* Cecil had an interesting comment regarding a PDA phone type of devide on a previous thread. Unfortunately, some of the best whiz-bang tech gizmos never make it here to the states. Probably cuz we're spending all our cash at the fuel pumps and on property taxes!

* Intuit (Turbo Tax) earnings not so great. I guess folks aren't doing their taxes this year. Er, or using other software or even the free IRS website...

* I see a news blurb on Yahoo, a stock that I own, that they'll be sending driving directions to cellphones. It's kind of a crowded market, don't you think? GPS systems out there for folks who need them.

* American Idol... Uh, well I've had about enough of the also-rans. Lets get to the main event. Next week, the show is on monday, tuesday and wednesday. Yeesh!

* Thursday night = The Apprentice. Nuff said. Tick tock.

* I've got 2000 songs on my broken Nomad (can't upload anymore songs for some broken reason), and I hear Gwen Stefani's Bubble Pop Electric 3 times today. What are the odds of that? Bubble Pop Elec-tric. Bubble Pop Elec-tric.

* When you're making a type, the difference between evacuate and evaluate is a big one. Don't you think?

* Yawn. Tick tock.

blog comments powered by Disqus