Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Tick-Tock Tuesday

* Options expirations weeks are supposed to be up. Or so they say. I'm not sure who they is. But they say opitons week trends up. And that it's volatile. Isn't the market up about 2/3rds of the time anyways? Couldn't one say, about most every week of the year, "This week tends to be up," and be right? Just a thought. But for now, I'll be an options week lemming, and go for the ride. Looks good today.

* So, looks like the red carpet will roll out for the Michael Jackson trial. I wonder if Joan Rivers will cover it from the fashion angle? Did you see the list of stars who could be called to the stand?

* Allen Iverson is playing out of his mind right now. What a player. Check out his stats the past week or so. My goodness. As local sportscaster Grant Napear might say, "Somebody turn on the sprinkler systems, because Iverson is on fire!"

* With all the different ways to listen to music now, it seems like everyday there's a new device introduced that does something that I'd call quirky. Check out the Motorola iRadio. They say it's totally portable music, available in your car, cell phone, PC, or home stereo. Pause a song in the car, go into the house and resume on the note you left off on! Is there a big demand for that? WOW! FINALY! THE PRODUCT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! Uh, pass.

* Applied Materials reports after the bell today. When's the last time they said anything decent? Semis have been on a roll. Hopefully, the can keep that mo-mo going.

* What if the hockey league in the forest cancelled their season, and nobody was there, would it make a sound?

* Oh, sure. I write this thing on GOOG stock, and she's up nicely today. Don't ask me what I think of Apple stock. (Okay, I think they're a one-trick pony. The iPod is neat, but I don't have one and use something else to play MP3s.)

* On Gary Kaltbaum's radio show friday, he said it'd take a tractor to move Microsoft stock. I thought that was kind of funny. MSFT seems like it moves 7-cents one way, then 7-cents the other way. Day after day. He may have a point.

* Blue Crush's Sanoe Lake. Just a thought.

* I'm hooked on the show "24" this year, even with the Keifer Sutherland disclaimors. I'd like to watch a bunch of them back to back, instead of stringing this thing out week by week and interrupted by commercials.

* March Madness is just a month away. Lets synchronize our watches.

* Biotech stocks are sure hit and miss, huh?

blog comments powered by Disqus