Thursday, February 03, 2005

Tick Tock Thursday

* How flies time when you're having fun. Huh?

* Obesity hits US Life Expectancy. Ah, the ultimate plan to save Social Security. Have people eat more fries and burgers.

* The Nets sent Nenad Krstic to the hospital after he struggled through 12 minutes because of the flu. Ah, that's why his stat line had goose eggs in my fantasy basketball line-up. Ouch.

* Stand up! Stand up! The more you do it, the less you fall down. David Lee Roth.

* So, profit taking in stocks? Post State of the Union hangover? Post Federal Reserve hangover? I'm thinking we're having a little pullback before a larger advance ahead. I'll have to look at the internals later, but lets hope folks are building positions today for the next move up.

* How does a rise in energy prices act like a tax on consumers? Well, look at retailers like Amazon. If you're spending money on your energy bill and on higher gasoline prices, you're adding less items to your Amazon shopping cart.

* Are Greenspan's rate hikes an attempt to prick the housing bubble? Hmmmm....

* Tick tock... Google advances on earnings, ahead of lock-up period expiration. Should be interesting around Valentines Day. (I think that's when the lock-up period expires).

* I've been reading a lot about the Coachella Music festival. Sounds like fun. I'm a fan of Weezer and Wilco.

* I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton, but I think it was kind of cool that after she fainted during her speech, she recovered to deliver it. What's the segway there? "As I was saying before I passed out..." Maybe she has that same bug that Nenad Krstic has. Note to self: Don't start Hillary in my Fantasy Basketball league.

* Are you hunkerin' down to do your taxes? If you're reading the Democrat responses to Bush's State of the Union speech, you know that the Internal Revenue Service needs the cash!

blog comments powered by Disqus