Monday, June 26, 2006

Spice it Up!

  • Bob Pisani, CNBC's "market technician," was at it again this morning. He was channeling the folks at Lowry's. I can't recall what the heck he was talking about, but I know I like their seasoning salt on fries. It's a new topic everyday for our market technician on the floor.  I (try to) use technical analysis in my market studies as you know from the Black Box Thoughts.  But the more I hear the "mainstream media" talk about technical analysis, the more it worries me.  I may have to switch to lunar cycles.
  • Speaking of the Black Box, it continues to like the market.  Especially tech stuff.  But no matter what it says, somebody whapped the Snooze button on the market and it won't go off until the Fed speaks on wednesday.  We also have end of month strength coming up. 
  • Adam over at Daily Options Report got a sweet write-up in Barron's.  Congrats to Adam!  Today he notes that Rebecca Jarvis, a season 4 finalist in The Apprentice, was hired by CNBC.  Obviously, CNBC is trying to corner the market on babes before Fox News unleashes their unholy right-wing financial channel.   I think if Fox wants to out babe the CNBC babefest, all it has to do is conduct their recruitment process at Hooter's.  Weapons of Mass Distraction, indeed.
  • Warren Buffett on TV now holding a press conference about donating $31B to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.  The country has been having a big debate about the death tax or survivor tax, and this must frustrate the folks who think that the government is entitled to spend Buffett's money when he dies.  Good for Warren.  And good for Bill Gates.
  • The Hubble Space Telescope has lost the use of its main camera.  The really bad news is that the camera broke a few days after the Best Buy extended warranty expired.  I hate it when that happens!

blog comments powered by Disqus