Monday, June 26, 2006

What About Your $31B?

  • I think it's great that Warren Buffett is going to leave $31 billion to charity. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my $31 billion, yet.  How about you?
  • Hey, the market was up today.  No, seriously.  It wasn't much.  It kind of went up there and hung out most of the day.  Finished at or near the highs.  Bubblevision is saying it's due to a great home sales report.  Yeah, whatever.  Anyways, I haven't run any scans today.  Probably won't because the Fed is coming up.   What does it even matter?
  • Netflix flicks... Watched Firewall with Harrison Ford over the weekend.  You know the formula.  Rich guy gets his family held hostage, and then has to come up with a ton of money to save them.  It wasn't that bad, but it always leaves you wondering "why didn't he...?"  Fun enough, I suppose.
  • No word yet after the big job interview friday at Wonderful Inc.  Maybe they're calling references.  This is why it's so important to slip your managers $20 here and there throughout your career. 
  • I'm going to have to update some of my blog subscriptions.  I have way too many.  I think I'm going to whittle away at the ones that focus on individual stocks and charts.  Seems like everyone is trying to do the same thing.  That is, chase strong stocks breaking out.  Kind of boring to me.  I like the general market and news commentary, maybe some politics, and always some humor.

  • I just checked weather.com for the current temperature. "96 feels like 95."  Oooh, better wear a sweater with that wind chill.  My outdoor temp says 102.  I think the bike ride will have to wait.  Or just make it short.  I don't know.  I guess if I eliminated cycling on days it was too hot, too windy, too cold, or too rainy, I'd never go cycling.  The heat is kind of taking it out of me, though.  Laziness is on high.
  • Have you noticed that "everyone" seems to be talking up Microsoft? 
  • I've got Kudlow and Company on, and where's the Cody Cam?  (Named after recent frequent guest, Cody Willard.)  Cody is The Man Show Boy of Kudlow and Company.  "How about some Girl Scout cookies?"

blog comments powered by Disqus