Monday, August 14, 2006

The Cold and Flu Edition

  • Yeah, stupid flu. Man, 2nd one I've had this summer.  So I am home, sleeping on and off.  Yeesh.
  • The market today?  Boy, that was sure a downer to see the selling hit late in the day and take away most of the rally.  August.  Summer cycle.  Election year cycle.  Would it surprise me to see us go back to the bottom of the trading range?  Absolutely not.  I remain long, but realize a ton of bucks could be had trading around this trading range.   But, focus on the goal.  Trading the IT trend can be frustrating but I think it's less difficult than ST timing.
  • Peace in our time?  As you know, a cease fire stands in the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah.  But in my opinion, this is a good thing for the terrorists as it will allow them to regroup, recruit, and re-supply.  Hezbollah says that they won't disarm, and that this was a major victory for them.  Stay tuned to CNN breaking news, because this is probably a pause. 
  • (A pause, just like The Fed?)
  • The LA Dodgers are en fuego.  15 of 16?  From the bums?
  • A new video game called Star Trek: Legacy will be out in the fall, with voice overs from William Shatner, Patrick Stewart and Kate Mulgrew.  The hope is to revive the franchise, as it seems a little long in the tooth.  I'm a Trekkie, but sometimes you need a break to regroup and get fresh ideas in there.
  • OK, I can barely stay awake here.  Back to sleep!

 

blog comments powered by Disqus