Thursday, August 17, 2006

More Stuff

  • Looks like the market is taking a bit of a pause today. After heading up early, looks like we're going to close flat to slightly green on the indices.    I do like that after the late day fade, that we ended up moving up into the close. 
  • A big thanks to Jeff at A Dash of Insight and to Abnormal Returns for the thursday linkage.  The Czechs are in the mail!
  • Condoms as a fashion accessory?  ... the project has a program that gets people making their own condom art pin. It all starts with a craft table, packaged condoms, scraps of colored paper, candy and other double-sided tape.   I don't know.  It all seems a bit silly to me.  Why in the world does this promote safe sex?  "Well, I had never thought about wearing a condom before.  But then, I saw one condom art pin that was all decorated with colored paper, candy, and double-sided tape, and thought to myself that I just have to slip one of these on next time!"
  • I have to admit that I'm having some fun with the animation package from Moho.  I'm only through tutorial 3.  I tried to get through some more while sick, but it was tough being in cookie tossin' mode. 
  • W. Virginia airport evacuatedAuthorities evacuated the terminal at Tri-State Airport in Huntington, West Virginia, on Thursday after a test on two plastic containers carried by a female passenger showed a possible explosive, the airport's director told CNN.  Good grief.  Definitely going to need a John Madden RV for traveling one of these days.  Also, with high energy prices and airport evacuations, I'm not even going to bother looking at any technical indicators on airline stocks.  Shame on me if I miss a rally in 'em, I guess.
  • Roger has the latest from Ralph Acampora.
  • Invest in Water? from Boston Gal.  I've heard this investment theme for awhile.  How is it playing out?  It all makes so much sense.  People get thirsty.  People multiply and have kids.  (Especially those who don't have a condom art pin decorated with with colored paper, candy, and double-sided tape).  It only rains so much and most everything we can dam up is dammed up.
  • When I go to add a Favorite to Favorites, I don't like to see some long and windy description in the link name.  Just give me the name of the site. 
  • JonBenet Ramsey story?  Creepy.   Hard to believe that 10 years have gone by.

blog comments powered by Disqus