Monday, October 16, 2006

Another Day, Another Rally

  • The market continues the rally. Normally, I'd suggest that when the week before options week was positive then options week tends to be weak.  But we can throw out the monthly seasonality tricks for now.  The market is in uptrend mode and nothing is going to stop it until it does.  Instead of fighting the tape, I've been quick to book gains and have turned to quick-flips of individual stocks to try and catch the speculative euphoria. This will end at some point and cash will be King when that happens.  But as I mentioned below, resistance is futile right now.  You don't want to pick a fight with this bull run.
  • Wallstrip launches.  Video clips on the market.  Today... Apple!  Short enough clip not to lose the short attention span folks like myself.  Take a watch, subscribe to the RSS feed, and drop a comment there to let them know what you think.
  • Didn't do football picks for the games yesterday.  I ended up hanging out at a buddy's sucking down beers.  Just some comments...  Saints might be for real, but their defense is a q-mark.  Dolphins offense?  They miss Ricky Williams.  He was the reason for their winning streak last year.  Isn't it great to see Chad Pennington playing well?  What happened to the Bengals offense?  Good wideouts make the Seattle offense pretty potent.  Especially when Alexander comes back.
  • Here in NorCal we're stuck watching the Raiders and Niners games every weekend.  I'm going to have to get DirecTV because THIS IS RIDICULOUS!  My only hope is that the home games don't sell out and the games can't be shown in the home television market. 
  • A friend went to the 49ers game yesterday and said fans were leaving in droves at halftime.
  • TV...  I caught up with Heroes.   Good show!  I watched a couple of episodes of Studio 60, and it reminded me of West Wing.  Lots of walking around with the cameras and fast dialogue.  So far, watchable.  Battlestar Galactica was great.  Watched some episodes of Class (3rd grade reunion show), and I don't think that one will last long.   I still have lots of series recorded that I haven't watched yet.
  • Oh, baseball... Mets looked good tying it up last night.  I had Cards pitcher Reyes on my fantasy squad this summer, so I could've told you he'd give up some runs.  I think the Cards pitching will win out this series, but I'm pulling for the Mets.  No reason why.  I'd pull for either the Mets or Cards over the Tigers, FWIW.  But the Tigers look like the team of destiny.

blog comments powered by Disqus