Friday, October 20, 2006

Glued to the Tube

  • After an early morning flush, the market quickly rebounded and flatlined for the rest of the day. Fridays tend to be a little lackluster during options week, as most of the positioning seems to happen in the days before.  Next week?  The week after options tends to be a  little weak, especially after a strong run.  The Fed is meeting next week and tons of earnings come out.
  • Heartbreak for the Mets.  I thought it was going to be heartbreak city for the Cards after Chavez grabbed the ball over the fence for a very long out.  And then when the Cardinals got the 2-run dinger to have the lead, the Mets got the first 2 on base.  Perfect set-up.  But you know what?  94-mph fastballs make a great set-up for a 73-mph breaking ball, too.  Mets hitters were paralyzed.
  • I haven't been watching Dancing with the Stars lately.  It's one of those shows that I have on in the background while doing something else.  But I've just forgotten about it altogether!
  • Yes, GOOG was on fire because revenues are going to the moon!  YouTube purges 30,000 copyrighted files.  Watch this, because now that YouTube has deep pockets (via Google), will the copyright owners start going after Google's money?  Just thinking.
  • I added bluetooth to my PC last night.  Geez.  Plug and play adapter in the USB slot.  And a cool little blue light!
  • I was planning on watching America Ferrara in Ugly Betty, but never got around to it.  Is it any good?  Rave reviews and all.  If it lasts the season, I'll catch up during the summer rerun season.   Or via Netflix.
  • My Treo acting funky lately.  So, I finaly figured out why.  The SD cards I was using were a bit old, and the read/write speed is pathetic.  I popped in one of my newer cards and suddenly the Treo was a happy camper.
  • Country singer Keith Urban checks into rehab.
  • We'll have to watch oil and gold.  I think the US economy is picking up again after a slow 3rd quarter.  I expect energy usage to increase and folks to start "fearing" inflation again.  Should be good for energy and gold.  At least for a while.
  • NFL. World Series. New TV shows. Lots of TV watching in the weeks ahead. And 24 doesn't even start until January!

blog comments powered by Disqus