Tuesday, October 10, 2006

On Trading Blogs...

  • You better light a candle when standing next to Teresa Lo (TLo) while she's reading trading blogs.

"...it really gives me gas to think about all the money that is being lost by people that act on bad advice, I mean, “opinion”. Even if the intentions of certain bloggers are good, it is inevitable that money is lost, simply because they are often wrong."

Seems like TLo's blog entry ripping trading blogs is making the blog rounds.  Also, see TLo's previous blog entry on this topic.  Of course, you know Adam and Roger are talking about this. 

  • My take on all the trading blogs out there?  I consider them "infotainment."  I read them as I would read a journal of a person's experiences in investing.  Both good and bad.  If I can learn something along the way, that's a bonus.  I do shy away from the blogs that list "stocks of the day" and tout individual names. I simply do not care, and that's not my style.  However, if I can read Adam's blog and learn more about volatility, Roger's blog on his approach to portfolio management, or Barry's blog on the big picture, then I might accidentally learn something while surfing the web.  And that's a good thing, Martha.
  • My Bloglines subscriptions runs into the hundreds!

blog comments powered by Disqus