Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fun Factory Tuesday

  • Today was a really busy day as I had to roll up the sleeves and figure out a solution for a production issue then implement it before support staff go home. Very hectic.  But it's 4:55 and all is well!  Atta boys all around.
  • The market?  I think the comeback as the day went along was quite impressive.  I remain in lower beta holdings with some cash on the sidelines.  And flipping some names here and there when I have the chance.  If the market is pricing in anticipated growth in the economy, then I think we'll see demand for energy increase worldwide.  Watch oil.
  • Also, the inflation number came out higher at the core rate.  Well of course!  On TV, the bubblonians were blaming the cost of oil being passed along.  WRONG.  That's so $3 gasoline.  Gasoline prices have fallen, and folks have more money to spend at Starbucks, Cheesecake Factory, and McDonalds.  Plus wages are up, too.  People aren't keeping cash in their mattresses when pumpkin cheesecake is going for $7.95 a slice!
  • Oh, amazing football game last night as the Bears decided that defense is the best offense.  The bears trailing by a bunch and turning the ball over 6 times, used two defensive touchdowns and a punt return for a touchdown to win 24-23.  Rackers missed a 40yd field goal at the end of the game that would've won for the Cardinals.
  • Yahoo up afterhours?  And Jimmy said yesterday that it was "a $12 stock masquerading as a $24 stock?"  Maybe the bad news is priced in.  Maybe not.  I don't own it.  But it is my homepage.
  • Hey, whatever happened to Lenny Dykstra?
  • I better fly if I'm going to make it home for the game tonight.  Go Mets.

blog comments powered by Disqus