Friday, October 13, 2006

The Collective

  • OIH is getting close to hitting the 50dma which could act as resistance. Just saying.  Maybe resistance is futile at this point.  Willl any stocks ever go down again?  Or are they all being assimilated into the collective?
  • My coworkers here at the Fun Factory have been assimilated into the collective.  They're talking their books again today.  This stock is up 5%.  That stock is up 4%.  On and on.  Feel like I just went through this, but I guess it has been 7 years.  And some of these folks weren't around the last ti
  • Erin Burnett had her DOW 12,000 paper hat on this morning.  I wonder how long one has to be in the collective to get the hat? 
  • Gone are the days where Sponge Bob Pisani would throw out tidbits from his conversations with his technical analsys friends about upcoming dangers in the market.  There is no fear in the collective.  It's all about assimilation.  Resistance is futile.
  • Former Fed Freakie Numero Uno Alan Greenspan has been assimilated, too.  He said this week that "housing market worst may be over."
  • Has anyone in the collective created a DOW 12,000 countdown ticker I can install on my toolbar?
  • England has been assimilated.  The FTSE is at 5 1/2 year highs.
  • As Adam noticed, we don't need to use well-known fractions in the collective.  Lets use 16ths or 18ths when measuring new market highs.  The SP500 is at 5 23/27ths year new highs!  Something like that.  Not only would it increase our celebration of market highs, but it might also teach some folks about fractions.  Hello two birds.
  • Finaly, I think I've been assimilated as well.  The first clue?  Well, besides the robotic arm and eye implants, I've increased my flip-flopping of small stock names that I never heard of before because of "good chart set ups."  I normally don't do this kind of thing very much.  But life is different in the collective.  Mo-Mo speculation is increasing.  The lid is off the cookie jar.  Idle cash is futile.
  • What ever happened to the rule of thumb about "fridays tend to move the opposite of the weekly trend, as traders book profits ahead of the weekend?"  Pure nonsense in the collective.  Profits only get bigger as more and more folks are assimilated.
  • I know this sounds crazy, but I'm booking some more gains today.  More pre-collective nonsense about "nobody ever went broke booking a profit."

blog comments powered by Disqus