Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

  • The market is forging ahead. Semiconductor don't look that great, though.  I get the feeling they're rolling over.  On the otherhand, as I mentioned tuesday, I think oil and some of the names there look interesting.  More market comments later. 
  • Huh, rain in the valley?  We had our first rain of the fall hit last night.  Ugh, break out the sweaters.  Dig through the closet to find the umbrella.  Be careful of slippery roads.  Watch out for crazy drivers.
  • Democrats need 6 seats to recapture the Senate.  The polls show the Democrats lead in 3 of the 7 vulnerable Republican seats.
  • Democrats need 15 net gain in the House to win back the House.  Because of gerrymandering, only 3 dozen of the races are contested.  Ohio is a key battleground.
  • I watched Lost last night, but I'm not sure where they're going with this story line.  The last few seasons was about the island.  Now it's about these Others.  It'll be interesting to see where they take it.
  • On America's Next Top Model, THANK GOODNESS they got rid of ... who they got rid of.  (No spoiler for DVR folks).  She was lame.
  • Swamped here at the Fun Factory this week   Been tough.  My boss' has been absent, and I've been wearing multiple hats.  Crazy.

blog comments powered by Disqus