Wednesday, October 17, 2007

FBN: Full On!

  • OK. I'm watching the Fox Business Network (FBN) today.  I'm struggling with it.
  • FBN does have the market index tickers at the bottom of the screen.  But the market coverage seems to mostly end there.  Well, a little here and there.
  • The market opened up on the Intel and Yahoo news, but it sold off.  The DOW and SP500 are both in the red as I type.  The mood this earning season seems to be skepticism and booking profits.  Something to keep in mind if a stock pops in the morning after an earnings report.  Looks like folks will be booking gains.
  • Alexis Glick (hoo) was yapping about something around the opening bell, but I had to flip over to CNBC to watch the first 30 minutes.  Sorry.  But Alexis looked fabulous again.  Oh, she was talking about the housing market and foreclosures.
  • Speaking of, the woman they've had on today talking about the housing market?  Shibani Joshi.   For some reason, Blogger isn't allowing pictures right now, so you're getting a Kelly Hu pic instead.
  • Tom Sullivan talked about wine tasting this morning.
  • Dagan McDowell had segments on TV show ratings and drug use at work.
  • Wait. Here is some market news.  I've been flipping back to CNBC so often that I think I've missed some.  Ah, it's the girl on the floor, Nicole Petallides.
  • Hey, why not add Kelly Hu to the FBN crew?  That last show she was on was horrible.
  • Okay, so when they're talking about the market they seem to move behind an anchor desk.  Chit chats seem to happen on sofas and chairs.
  • Tracy Byrnes (hoo) on now, talking about stocks.  EBAY.  Myspace and Skype.
  • Now drugs in the workplace.
  • So, FBN is kind of like CNBC meets The View meets Entertainment Tonight.  A little bit of stocks and a little bit of gossip.  Mostly business related I suppose.  It's okay.  I'm going to stick with it for awhile and see if it grows on me.
  • By the way, the 30 minutes I had CNBC on?  Yeah, Abby Joseph Cohen giving her price target of 1600 on the SP500 for year end.  She went on about how she predicted some of the woes hitting the economy with housing and such.  I don't remember that and Mark Haines questioned her a bit, but I guess we'll give her that.

In Edit: Added a picture of Shibani Joshi at top!

blog comments powered by Disqus