Friday, October 26, 2007

Microsoft Powers Market

  • If you notice funkythings happening here, it's because I'm in the process of changing my blog template.  If I had some orange eCones to set out, I'd do it!  Change for the sake of change. 
  • Speaking of change, Microsoft hasn't moved this much since the 1990's!  It seems as if things are all going well for MSFT.  I don't own individual shares; however, all of us invested in the NDX or a weighted index are certainly a benefactor today.
  • Of course, we're approaching the end of October.  Generally a bullish time of the year.  Plus, we have the end of month strength on deck, as investors dollar cost average into their 401(k) plans.
  • The market sure seems volatile lately.   Large swings in both directions.  This is often something I look to as a sign of a change in the market trend.   So, am I concerned that we're facing a top in the market?  Not really.  One contrarian indicator in the market's favor is that market timers as a group are pretty bearish here.  The effect of this is easily seen among the short-term market timing newsletters I track, many of which have reacted to the market's volatility by throwing in the towel. They just can't take the wild ride.  So, could this volatility be "the bottom?"  The market has had a little correction, so maybe so.  I'm remaining 100% long here. 
  • Not watching the markets much today.  They have jumped up, and pretty much flatlined there. 
  • Fantasy NBA draft this weekend.  I have some research to do.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus