Monday, October 08, 2007

Political Thoughts

  • The market still isn't doing anything.  Lets talk politics.
  • CNBC is touting the Republican debate tomorrow night.  What the heck for?  Is anyone going to say something that we don't already know?  "Keep the tax cuts" and "Stay in Iraq until the job is done."
  • I've skipped the last few Democrat debates.  There, it's just "Raise taxes" 24x7.  The answer to every issue is raising taxes.  Sorry, but not sure I'm in the camp of giving the government more money and assuming they have the wits about them to spend it wisely.  Once they have the money, it's just an exercise of paying back those who helped them get where they are.
  • The debates won't matter until we  have the final two candidates running for November 08.  Uh, that'll be Hillary vs. Rudy, by the way.  The rest of this is just for funsies. 
  • I've seen the graphs about how the stock market does with different parties running the country.  I'd like to see a comparison where gridlock is running the country versus when one party has 100% control.  Seems to me that the country functions best when we have a split government.  That is, one party controls the White House and the other party controls Congress.   If they can veto each other out, argue, yell, scream, and run out the clock on their terms, that's be the government I want.   This allows the country to run free of their interference.
  • The candidate who promises to propose no bills, but to oppose everything the other party is proposing, is the perfect candidate. 
  • "I promise to take a lot of time off if elected.  I'll show up to veto if I have to, but the rest of the time, I'll be managing my Fantasy Football line-up, sleeping with interns, and making speeches about how great America is."
  • Did I just describe Bill Clinton?  Can we get him back?  But only if the GOP gets Congress back. 

blog comments powered by Disqus