Friday, October 19, 2007

Selling Fever, Small Caps, and Patriots at Dolphins

  • Selling fever hits the street. I *briefly* went looking for a Dance Fever picture of Denny Terrio.  Then stopped myself.  What was I thinking?  How about the Disco Duck instead?
  • October expiration week tends to be weak, followed by a strong post-options week.  I'm already 100% in, and had no allocation to small caps.  But I rotated some to small caps today.  I am still weighted heavily in the NDX.  But small caps tend to have a good rally in the last quarter.  Past performance is never a guarantee going forward, though.  Agreed?
  • I don't have a warm-fuzzy feeling on the banks just yet.  But keeping an eye on C and BAC.   The latter might be the buy of the bunch in the future.  When these things bottom (whenever that is), I think we're looking at a 50% rally.  If I only knew where the bottom was.
  • RSI(2) is 3.5 on the SPY. 
  • RSI(2) on QQQQ is 18. 
  • RSI(2) on IWM is 3.5.
  • The New England Patriots are a 16.5 point favorite over the Miami Dolphins.  It's like a college spread!  I realize that New England will score at will against Miami's "defense."   But Miami has been able to put points on the board, too.  If in Reno this weekend, I'd probably take the 16.5 or wait until game time to see if it got to 17.  And then hope Miami can score points every other posession. 
  • I think the Dolphins best strategy would to let New England score on every play in the first half.  Keep that Patriots defense on the field for 29 minutes.  Thus, the time of posession would favor Miami and the New England defense would tire out in the 2nd half.   Now THAT would be a unique game plan. 
  • Cam, if you're reading, I would be willing to take a job as an assistant coach.
  • RSI(2) on the Miami Dolphins is .10.
  • In retrospect, with the debut of the Fox Business Network (FBN) be the ultimate contrarian indicator?  In otherwords, was FBN's launch the sell signal heard 'round the world?
  • FBI raids David Copperfield and finds millions!  I'm trying to find a joke here.  There has to be a joke here about disappearing money, right?
  • Well, left-wing talk host Randi Rhoades gave an explanation for her "mugging."  And I'm linking to Lumberjack's blog because I like his comment about the thing.  Personally, she had me at, "I was watching football in an Irish pub..." 

blog comments powered by Disqus