Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Talk is Cheap!

  • "Are we talking ourselves into a recession/bear market?" - Larry Kudlow, 1/16/2008.
  • I agree with Larry on this one.  The gloom and doom is thick in the air.  But it feels bad for those of us long.   Granted, since I took most of my positions near the bottom of what I thought was the correction trading range, I'm not down TOO much from there.  But I did ride it up and ride it back down.  Plus, the Black Box missed the top.  It isn't perfect.
  • And everyone is a VIX expert these days.  On the Fast Money show, the gang was showing a graph of the market vs. VIX.  If you want to know about the VIX, read Adam Warner's site.
  • Gawd, a Hillary (not pictured) clip ripping the economy and "47 million with no health insurance, no energy policy, and Bush in the Middle East begging them to lower oil prices."  Yeah, like she can fix it.  What's her policy/solution, "magic beans?"
  • Oh, Summer Glau as the girl robot from the TV Terminator show.  LOL.  Hoo-hah!  She was a little creepy as River on Firefly and Serenity.  But this role works for her, no? 
  • Where was my hot girl robot when I was 15?
  • And at least it's fresh TV that's NOT a game/dance/reality show.  Sorta fresh. 
  • I'm watching American Idol, although these tryout shows are more like ADD Idol.  These folks their making fun of on the show obviously have some mental condition.  I think we've seen enough... Lets get on with the show.
  • The dance war show with Carrie Ann Inaba and that guy from the other dance show?  That's some bad TV.  Yeah, I'm watching that, too....  But with a DVR.   Now that they have their teams, lets hope that gets better.  Or else we're going to send Summer Glau in to kick some butt.

blog comments powered by Disqus