Tuesday, January 08, 2008

LSU, XLF, CAI

  • Hmm, does selling Apple ahead of Macworld make much sense?
  • (After missing the OSU bet last night, I need AAPL to create a iBowlpicks device...)
  • Yes, the market is behaving bearishly.  Fading into red after a decent open isn't bullish action.  Lets see what happens last hour.  I liked yesterday's last minute action.  Strange positioning happens late in the day by folks who may (or may not) have a feel for what is coming next.
  • I remain long believe this is just a correction like we've had in the past.  Lots of bearishness out there and recession chatter, but I think they're wrong.  The stock market is looking 6 months out or so, and this correction has been going on for months now, reflecting our slow-growth economy.  I believe what we're in now is priced in, and where we're going is not.  I think the Fed rate cuts will work.  Don't fight the Fed.
  • Of course, I picked OSU last night, too...  Bah.  Big 10 ain't what it used to be.
  • A better 3-letter pick this year?  XLF.  Yeah, the financials.  I think so.  Lower interest rates help banks, and I think the mortgage stuff is well-known and priced in. 
  • I had that Bruno (not pictured) vs. Carrie Ann Inaba dancing and singing show on last night.  "You can sing, but you can't dance.  You can dance, but you can't sing."   Is there a category for those who can do neither?  That'd be me!
  • I can't believe Transformers was a 2007 blockbuster.  Bleh.  Or Harry Potter.  Luckily, I saw neither at the theaters.  Most of the time when I walk out of a movie theater, I feel like I was robbed.  Like somebody stole my money.
  • Meetings all day here at Fun Factory U.  Kind of a nice break, actually.  Not much during the holiday weeks with folks out on vacation. 

blog comments powered by Disqus