Thursday, January 03, 2008

Celebrity Apprentice

You're Fired!

  • Anyone else sad that former Playboy Playmate of the Year Tiffany Fallon was the first one to be voted off of Celebrity Apprentice? Hello, Donald? Is Omorosa really a better ratings grab than Tiffany? I was hoping for more Playmates, Hef, the Playboy mansion, whatever. Instead, we get Omorosa. Geez. She's a disaster!
  • Nobody is probably sad that Dolphin's 1-15 coach Cam Cameron (not pictured) was fired. Parcells is bringing his own folks in, so it's not just the 1-15 thing. Although...


The Market

  • Lets go to the SP500, where I found a good chart and column over at Safehaven.

  • Hmm, something funny happened on the way to the top of the range...
  • It's tough to "say" anything positive about the market, because the charts don't look great. Especially of individual stocks. Especially of the market leaders, the four horsemen, etc. However, I remain 100% long here and continue to believe that the economy isn't nearly as gloomy as we're reading about in the media or hearing from the Presidential candidates running on "making things better."
  • Earnings season coming up. With the selling and overall gloominess, watch for some positive comments and reactions this time around. Just a hunch. And what about those employment numbers this morning? Beat expectations...

New Year's Resolution

  • I often mention that I'm trading individual stocks. So I'm going to try to post more about what I look for in chart set-ups and news/calendar events. I don't want to tout stocks, but maybe from an info-tainment perspective this will give folks a chance to take a look at what I find interesting vs. un-interesting when thinking about buying or selling.

blog comments powered by Disqus