Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's Not Funch!

  • Did you watch the opening bell on CNBC this morning? On the floor with the guy who opens Berkshire Hathaway. I didn't think it was that interesting. I'm getting ready for work and am more interested in the market headlines at that time. "So what price are you going to open the stock at?" $89,000. Okay, can we move on now? No, it kept dragging on and on...

  • Are you watching "Lost?" Last night's episode was pretty powerful. I'm really impressed with the way these folks make TV. I can't recall a show that felt more real.

  • My coworkers are all talking about how they're going to try to get an XBOX 360 for their kids. They're telling me that's what their kids want for Christmas. I think it goes on sale Nov 22nd. Big write-up in my local paper today on it. Heck, I think I'll get one. If I can. But I can wait until after XMAS.

  • Hoo, I forgot I had a lunch with "a friend" today. She just emailed. Man, I didn't drive in today and opted for mass transit, because I'm trying to save the planet's environment. So I backpedalled in my reply to her. "Was that today already?" But she offered to come get me. Hey, what are friends for?

  • Last night on "Lost," we learned about the "Tailies." These folks are the ones in the back of the plane who survived the plane crash. We learned what happened to them from Day 1 through Current, up until meeting up with the folks at the front of the plane. And that last segment was incredible.

  • On America's Next Top Model, Lisa got the boot. She seems pretty bizarre to me. I was expecting Jayla to be let go, although she's my favorite.

  • It is only lunch, not "funch."

  • "Lost" is just very suspenseful. I missed the first few episodes in season 1, but have caught on and am totally sucked in at this point. If you're not watching, I've noticed the first season is on DVD...

  • I expect a lot more volatility during options expiration week. Huge days up. Huge days down. Some tape jamming. You know? Some folks believe that the "powers that be" try to manipulate stocks into some "max pain" area where the most options expire worthless. Of course, whenever that doesn't happen, the max pain believers then say the powers that be are "delta hedging." File this in the same conspiracy folder where you have the month-end and quarter-end manipulation evidence. Or lack of.

blog comments powered by Disqus