Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Quick Hits (Cramer, Dolphins, Housing)

  • I mentioned around Christmas that my Dad had sent me a Miami Dolphins 2006 calendar for Christmas. Nothing says "I love you" like a Dolphins calendar, right? Anyways, February's trivia question is: Who is the only quarterback in Dolphins' history to run for more than 100 yards in his postseason career? (Answer below).

  • Yesterday I commented that Jim Cramer and his Mad Money show didn't produce the bump in the "tout of the day" segment. But on further review by the replay official, I noticed that his show was pre-empted for Olympics coverage! I think CNBC is showing Mad Money later in the day. Or something like that. I don't know for sure.

  • Barry Ritholtz (from The Big Picture) on What I learned over the past few weeks. Great read...

  • Yesterday on one of the news shows, they were covering the Sports Illustrated swimsuit model edition. You might not be surprised to know that even with what's available on the web these days, it's still a big-big seller. Whoa, Nellie!

  • Angry Bear on what would happen if the real estate bubble bursts. They're kind of gloomy and doomy for me, but they never miss an opportunity to call out for a national health care system, do they? That seems to be their answer for everything. More taxes. More health care. More government intervention and programs. Just saying.

  • I don't like to wax too political, but I think we really need to whack our social and military spending. Mostly the former, but the latter as far as intervening in the business of foreign countries.

  • Boston Gal's Open Wallet on Virtual Scratch Tickets. Are state lotteries going online?

  • Who is David Woodley (1980-83), Alex. If you recall, the Dolphins got hot-waxed by the Redskins in the Super Bowl during the "WoodStrock" year. Named so, because Woodley would play the first half, and then backup QB Don Strock would come in during the 2nd half and orchestrate a comeback. Didn't help against John Riggins and crew, though...

blog comments powered by Disqus