Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Maria

  • The Black Box thinks biotechs and the Cheesecake Factory look interesting as of yesterday's close.  Doesn't like tech, energy or oil.  But who knows about that silly lil' Black Box.  Monthly strength period could end tomorrow, and then it gets interesting.  Usually, fridays move opposite the weekly trend as folks book 'em before the weekend.  The DOW and SP500 have been decent while the Naz has been wobbly.  I dunno what that means for friday. 
  • Maria B from CNBC getting lotsa blog press for her Bernanke comments the last hour on monday.  Pretty hillarious.  Shocked the market and definitely has Maria in the headlines.  Maybe she'll be the 2006 Comeback Player of the Year for CNBC.
  • American Idol...  We're at the point where there are no "bad" singers.  It's just who you like compared to others.  I'd never buy a CD from Elliot (The Hobbit).  He bores my socks off.  I like Chris and McPheever.  McPheever singing sultry on her knees last night worked for me...  I think Paris would do great with a good songwriter behind her; she has a great voice.  And Taylor is a great entertainer, but I'm not sure I'd get the CD unless a songwriter figured out a way to get something more from him.
  • Played with the new camera for a few hours last night.  Very cool.
  • My dad told me a great way to get out of eating peas or corn is to just put a few on your plate and spread 'em around.  Makes it look like you had a bunch and just missed a few that didn't land on your fork.

She moves like she don't care
Smooth as silk cool as air
Ooh it makes you wanna cry
She doesn't know your name
And your heart beats like a subway train
Ooh it makes you wanna die

Maria - Blondie

blog comments powered by Disqus