Thursday, January 31, 2008

My bff John McCain


  • Got a voice message from my bff John McCain last night. He called me to ask for my vote next Tuesday.  How nice.  A personal call.  And I know it wasn't a prank, because at the end he said "I am John McCain, and I approve of this message."
  • I didn't get a personal call from Mitt Romney.  Screw you, Mitt. You're out of my Fav Five!
  • Well... The markets.  Seems like yesterday was a day that the bears put their foot down and said "No mas."  The market spiked on the Fed cut and comments, but that was quickly sold off as the bears took hold.  Afterhours, the market futures tanked with poor earnings calls from companies like Amazon.  This morning, the market opened down fugly, and the bears were running rampant.  Everyone is talking about a bear market.  Very few bulls anywhere.   Since then the market has turned up.
  • I know the whole planet is bearish and expecting a recession, even though last quarter's GDP came in positive (by a .6 smidge).  But what happens if that was the low in the GDP?
  • Adam Warner has your GOOG earnings preview.
  • Britney Spears back in the hospital?
  • Plaxico Burress predicts a Giants victory over the Patriots on Sunday.
  • Greg Mankiw on the Four Goals of Tax Policy.   And that will be on the final exam.
  • John Edwards drops out, endorses John McCain.
  • Buy signal still on at Jason's.

blog comments powered by Disqus