Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Tuesday Market Thoughts

Still 100% long. Decided to let last week's buys run. They ran into a wall today. Not feeling too bad about it.


Yes, September is a dismal month historically. But I think I bought near the bottom of the summer's trading range and I'm not going to get too fancy with it. I believe the market is heading higher, and avoiding the brunt of the summer (and election year) correction was the plan.

Something about "trading the plan" comes to mind. But I do feel that reviewing the plan is a good idea. And when we were near the bottom of the trading range last Monday with the gloom very thick, it seemed to me that buying into the Labor Day and monthly strength pattern made sense.

We shall see!

***

Was at a bread and breakfast over the weekend up in the foothills. In the middle of nowhere. Very different.

Pic is of Carolina Marconi.

blog comments powered by Disqus