Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dow 12,000 (almost) Randomosity

  • imageDid you watch the CNBC cast cover the 12,000 benchmark like it was the Super Bowl?  $$
  • The reason du jour?  President Obama (not pictured)!  "The speech last night created a more business-friendly environment," said Michael Sheldon, chief market strategist at RDM Financial Group. "He emphasized working with businesses to promote investment and jobs, whereas a year ago the White House was criticizing financial institutions."
  • I know my right-wing talking points like the back of my hand:  Investment = government spending.
  • Hulu management has discussed recasting Hulu as an online cable operator that would use the Web to send live TV channels and video-on-demand content to subscribers, say people familiar with the talks. The new service, which is still under discussion, would mimic the bundles of channels now sold by cable and satellite operators, the people said.
  • imageI know my talking points here, too:  Pay up, consumer.
  • Did you read where Dallas taxis are going to boycott the Super Bowl because Natural Gas cabs get to move to the front of the line?  Call me a communist, but I think it makes a bunch of sense to move America’s vehicle fleet to natural gas. We have a ton of the stuff.  It burns cleaner.  And we’d send less money to foreign countries that hates us.
  • The TV Audience was smaller for President Obama’s 2nd state of the union.  I think everyone was at the Cheesecake Factory last night.  Seriously.  It was packed.  Anyway, 43 mil saw the Big O last night, compared to 48 mil last year.
  • I know my left-wing talking points here: George W. Bush stole their TVs.
  • Yes, this is a picture of the very beautiful and talented Michelle Malkin.  Bikini. Swimsuit. Lingerie.  Smoking.  Fact check.  Snopes. 
  • I know my buzzword talking points, too.  Er, talking points memo.

***

Site notes:  I think the move to the new website domain is complete.  If you’re still going to thelearningcurve.blogspot.com, you will be redirected here to themoneygoround.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus