Monday, January 16, 2012

MLKjr Randomosity!

imageWell, I had a randomosity post all created but then the Android tablet crashed and took my post with it.  Bottom line, is that I linked to a story about the European index actually closing up today despite the debt downgrade from last week.  Really?  Yeah really.

I also mentioned that oil prices were back on the rise due to the Nigerian crisis.  The US gets about 8% of our oil from there. You think it would be a good idea to get some more oil from Canada via the Keystone pipeline.  But heck, taking more risk is more fun.  Let's continue to import oil from unstable nations instead!  By the way, gasoline prices continue to climb.  Not a big deal for those of you who don't drive cars I suppose!

I linked to an article about states trying to raise taxes on millionaires.  While that grabs headlines, what is really happening in CA is that Governor Jerry Brown is also trying to raise the state sales tax.  You tell me if that's a tax only millionaires pay.  I don't think so.

Finally, I mentioned the black box sell signal and my lack of a decision on what to do so far.  I'm thinking about booking some gains.

Anyway.  On with the long weekend.

posted from Bloggeroid

blog comments powered by Disqus