Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thoughts While On Vacation

$$ - I'm on vacation this week, but watching stocks somewhat closely. The market seems ready to move up and from I read, the contrarian play is the next leg up in the bull market. $AAPL - Apple launches their iPhone 5 tomorrow and Ben Bernanke launches QE3 on Thursday. Everything is looking up and there are no clouds in the sky.I remain positioned in low beta stuff and cash. I'm not buying the melt up contrarian play, because that's all I ever read about. Is it really the contrarian play when everyone says it's the contrarian play? We ALL know about the gloom and doom on the wall of worry, but does anyone really care? I know there are some gold chasers who care, but I'm not seeing or reading about people shorting stocks here.

Anyway, I'm interested in the new iPhone. I'm not sure if there are going to be any major improvements, but adding 4G speed would be one for me. If they don't add that, I'm not getting one.

***

In SoCal... I think the Dodgers season is down the drain. Maybe the Dodgers are the true contrarian play.

blog comments powered by Disqus