Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday Randomosity

  • $$ - The stock market closed again! Last I saw, futures were down. I'm watching the hurricane news and pictures, too. This stuff draws our focus away from things like stocks, Libya, the economy...
  • So, after the mess and economic impact from Hurricane Sandy, big move up for stocks on the clean up and reconstruction efforts?
  • Apple fires a couple of guys. One guy for the Apple Maps fiasco. The maps app works for me mostly. But I put in directions for a Korean restaurant a few miles away, and the app took me 3 miles in the wrong direction on the freeway, had me exit to a side street and then go in the reverse direction until I arrived at the restaurant. So, it got me there the long way.
  • Buy signal on the black box last week, so I'm long and high beta. Didn't feel right at the time, doesn't look right now. But it is what it is. Long.
  • Is Romney up in the polls? Is Obama up in the polls? Who knows! Depending on the surveys. We're seeing D+7 polls showing Obama with small leads. We're seeing R+2 polls showing Romney with large leads. I think this favors Romney, but we won't know until we know who shows up! I think Republicans show up and are more excited in 2012 than in 2008. So the D+ number is going to be smaller. But don't underestimate the number of people who want entitlements!
  • Giants win World Series. I hate the Giants (as a Dodgers fan). But I usually cheer for the National League against the American League. Pretty difficult for me to do this year. So... hmm. Small cheer for the NL. A sweep, too.
  • NBA starts tonight. I forgot to set my weekly fantasy basketball line up. 2012 starting off like 2011 for me. OOOPS.
 

blog comments powered by Disqus