Thursday, November 01, 2012

Big Rally Thursday Randomosity

  • $$ - Last Friday was the buy signal heard round the world. After two days of a closed market and a meandering Halloween, the market surged today on better than expected economic data. Or was it?
  • Seems to me that the market was pushing everything up today no matter what. Even in the after hours earnings today, it seemed that even mediocre news was causing stocks to lift.
  • Anyway, it is also the beginning of the month and the beginning of the "favorable season" for stocks, November through April.
  • My thoughts on the market? I'm bullish, long and with beta. My best guess is that we see strength from now until the end of the year. Not in a straight line, of course. Maybe. But probably not. I'll keep an eye on the Black Box, but leaning to staying long and being patient.
  • Last I looked, Linked In beat and was up 8% after hours. That's a stock I never thought would make it. I never go there. I did at first, but then everyone said to go to Facebook. LOL.
  • The Los Angeles Lakers are 0-2 and on their way to an 0-82 record and the first pick in the 2013 NBA draft. Convince me otherwise! Okay, they started out 0-2 last year, too. But wow - turnover city, even though the big three (Bryant, Howard, Gasol) had big scoring nights.
  • In Asia, Apple rolls out iPad mini to shorter lines. It will be interesting to see what happens here tomorrow. I don't think this is a must have item. I may go check out the larger iPad, but don't think I will get it (and trade in the March 2012 version).
  • Curt Schilling accused of fraud in Rhode Island over his software company, 38 Studios. Wow.

blog comments powered by Disqus