Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

$$ - The stock market hasn't given us much of a Santa Claus rally! We have history on our side. We have market seasonality on our side. We have the Federal Reserve on our side. But on the negative side, the bull market that started in March, 2009, is getting long in the tooth. In addition, taxes are set to go up next week! CNBC reported today that Christmas sales year-over-year are down.

I believe that there will be a fiscal cliff deal that leaves taxes unchanged for most Americans while raising taxes on the "rich." I think everyone believes that, which is why the market hasn't sold off too much.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the bull market end in 2013, though. But I'm going to play the seasonality for now, remain long, and enjoy Christmas.

To all of you, I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

 

blog comments powered by Disqus