Monday, October 12, 2020

ACB Hearings and Stocks Surging!

  • The stock market rally continued today...  Apple iPhone event?  ACB hearings?  Amazon Prime Day?  Or just general enthusiasm about the economy?
  • Yes, the economy isn’t working for everyone - if that’s even a thing. I think a lot of the strip mall shops and restaurants are still struggling due to people wanting to avoid COVD19. But other parts of the economy around tech, remote work and shopping are doing well.
  • I’d like to take October off from the movie streaming services.  At least the “new releases” lists. There is one Halloween horror movie after another. Not my thing!
  • The Nasdaq is just 1.5% down from all-time closing high!
  • Who has had a Beyond Meat burger (or anything)?
  • I suppose the COVID19 vaccine and therapeutic stocks are another speculative area.  I think we know the major players, right?
  • I did watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix. The horror of social media...
  • I watched some of the Amy Coney Barrett hearing today. Uh, nobody is going to learn anything watching that. Just looked like a bunch of nonsense to me.
  • Amazon Prime Day tomorrow.  If you don’t already have 12 Echo Dots around your home, here’s a chance to pick up a few more.
  • Started watching Home After Dark on Apple+ and it’s not bad.  Kid sleuth tries to solve a crime sort of thing.
  • Anyway... Happy Columbus Day!

blog comments powered by Disqus