Monday, June 13, 2005

Back to Work!

* The nice thing about getting something done before the weekend, is that you have 2 whole days to enjoy it and feel on top of the world before monday comes and reality biotch-slaps you back to where you belong!

* I had some work done around the house last week, and the folks had to shut of the gas for a bit. So, saturday morning I went to take a shower and .... HOLY SMOKES! COLD WATER! Now, a cold shower is probably the best thing for me and I should take about 3-4 of them a day. But SUCKAGE! So, took the cold shower then went out and lit the pilot light. I was then worried about my heater, so I turned it on and it seemed okay. I leafed through the pamphlet and read something about "automatic ignition" so no worries there I guess. We'll see if the roof blows off in November when I turn it on again...

* The stock market? Options weeks tend to be positive. We've had a nice run and a little pause last week. I'm still 100% long in the index, with no overallocation to any one sector. Look at the way the semiconductors are just hanging there, after their nice run. I'm looking for a little weakness in tech, after which I hope to go back to overallocating in that area.

* The big polical "news" is the Downing Street Memo, the forgiving of debt from poor nations, and the California special election. Beware of the Leftwing Loonies. I imagine they're out in force. I think forgiving the debt was a good thing. Why didn't Clinton do that, by the way?

* Regarding the CA special election, I think the most important item on there is redistricting. The races have to be competitive. You can't guarantee seats and have a government that represents the people. I'm pretty impressed Arnold Schwarzenegger is taking these issues to the people. The CA Legislature seems uninterested in doing the people's business. I think redistricting reform would light a match under their butts.

blog comments powered by Disqus