Thursday, June 09, 2005

Thursday!

* Things are getting a little crazy with Google at this stage. Another mega-target today from one of the Johnny-come-latelies. I think they initiated coverage with a target of MUCH MUCH HIGHER! CNBC coined a term for Google investers, calling them "Gooleloonians." Haven't we been down this road so many times before? Reminds me of Qualcomm and CMGI.

* It seems like that at other places of employment, birthday celebrations are dealth with by having a sheet cake and everyone singing happy birthday. Today, a coworker is celebrating another year closer to retirement (he says), and folks brought in bagels, assorted fruit, and of course the sheet cake. But I grabbed a plate of fruit and half a bagel, and I'm in hog heaven.

* One of my former coworkers retired last summer, and now he wants to come back and work part time. He says he's bored at home, and wants to come to work. The funny thing about that, is that most of us here complain that we're bored at work, and want to go home. So here's a question for the Carrie Bradshaw column: Is life boring?

* The market seems to like what Greenspan said. I haven't checked on what The Maestro said. Of course, could this be setting up for another late day selloff? Or is that just way too obvious?

* 7-Up or Sprite?

* As I type, the market pulling back a bit. Interesting to see what happens in the last hour, and then later when Intel reports. That'll be the tell. Again, I'm 100% long, mostly in the boring index. If we rally, I'm happy. If we pullback, I'm way glad I'm not in the high-flyers. The Nasdaq tends to outperform and underperform the trend.

* Any users of bitorrent out there? I haven't tried it, but seems like the rage. My coworker uses it to find TV shows he missed.

blog comments powered by Disqus