Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday Night Live

Feed a cold, starve a flu? Or is that backwards?

 

* By the end of the week, the morning alarm sounds off and I'm in another world.  Especially with the sunrise coming later and later, and the room is dark.  Seems like somebody owes me another couple of hours sleep.   But nooooo....

* I've had one heckuva bout with the flu the last 24 hours.  Hit me last night with the worst stomach ache ever, and lasted through the night.  I decided to stay home today and just sleep.  Now, I'm wide awake and feel much better.  All I've eaten today is a few bowls of white rice and a few plain pieces of toast.  Nothing fancy.

* Did you see that Louis Farrakhan is blaming white folks for blowing up the New Orleans levee?  "I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry," Farrakhan said.

* On fridays, the stock market tends to trade opposite the weekly trend, as traders book profits ahead of the weekend.  Have you noticed the drop in oil prices??? 

* From the same article quoting Farrakhan, here's much more level-headed comment from President Bush:  President Bush said Monday that Hurricane Katrina did not discriminate and neither will recovery efforts.

* Arnold says he's running for Term 2, to be the Governor of California again.  I think he's given California a better image, but he's not able to actually get much done because the Legislature is extremely liberal.  So all they do is cancel each other out.  Nothing wrong with gridlock; heck, that's my favorite form of government.  With gridlock, nothing ever gets done, because the politicians spend all their time arguing with each other instead of passing legislation!

* Mayor Nagin Blames Bush for Lower Body Count.  Snip:  "Follow the money," said Mr. Nagin. "Low body-count means less federal aid and less redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor black folks of my city. You don't have to be a cable guy to figure out that this benefits George Bush and his rich cronies."

* You know, being a contrarian of sorts, I have to wonder if the Democrats are counting their chickens a bit early for 2006.  They're convinced that Bush is so unpopular that the 2006 elections are already in the bag.  You think?  I just think when the Democrats start campaigning about hiking your taxes, people are going to go with their wallets again.  And even in CA with Arnold's popularity low, all he has to do is remind voters "Do you want that car tax back?"  Other than raising taxes, I haven't heard too many ideas coming from the Democrats.  Sure, they want gay marriage, drivers licenses for illegal immigrants, and they don't like the Pledge of Allegiance.  But I'm not sure they have many ideas.

* I suppose the Democrats will compaign on slow wage growth, but I doubt any of them will pass a law banning the offshoring of jobs to other lower-paying countries, do you?

* Enough for tonight.  Happy weekend!

blog comments powered by Disqus